“The LORD is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness… not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
Summary of Part 1 and Part 2 of this Teaching:
Below is an itemized list of what I hope I demonstrated to you in Part 1 and 2, of this teaching so far!
- The Calendar of Heaven is Filled with Promise.
- Elul prepares us for the Biblical New Year of Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and Feast of Tabernacles.
- Elul is when we draw closer to GOD as a Community of Believers, The Faithful of GOD.
- Elul is about looking into your own heart to see what you have locked inside, to cleanse the clutter out of our closets.
- During Elul, you open yourself up to examination, to Yourself and GOD.
- Unlike our secular calendar, the Biblical Calendar captures moments in time that GOD poured out very specific / special blessings over His People.
- Elul is devoted to repentance and acknowledging GOD as sovereign to us.
- Elul consist of 30 days in the year when the People of GOD, no matter what country they live in, or where they are located presently in the world, purpose in their heart to come together ‘spiritually’; one heart, one mind, and one spirit.
- Whenever human beings come together for a singular purpose, as a community concerned about ‘a signular cause of any kind’, our history changes. The historical evidence is overwhleming for the truth in this.
- Whenever human beings come together for a singular purpose, as a community filled with the intension of recognizing GOD, Honoring His Name, Acknowledging His Presence, being real before Him in prayer, repenting, judging ourselves and not others, etc., we change our worlds and the extended world around us.
- During Elul, it is our strength as a nation of the people of GOD, that ushers in the blessing over all our lives!
- It was in the Month of Elul that GOD renewed His Love for His People. Not only had they been forgiven, but GOD gave them the Second Set of Tablets, renewing His Covenant.
- The 1st 40 days of Moses’ Prayer saved the lives of the Children of Israel (Gen 32)
- The 2nd 40 days of Moses’ Prayer restored the love relationship between God and His People (Gen 34).
- During Elul, we have an opportunity to reconnect with our Hebrew Heritage, with this same level of love and with the same level of forgiveness. We stir our hearts once more to return to GOD, remembering the incredible amount of times that GOD has returned to us, forgiven us, loved us – especially the times when we did not deserve it.
THE POWER THAT CREATED THIS PORTAL FOR FORGIVENESS, AND MERCY, AND FAVOR came from the Insight, the Courage, the love and compassion that Moses had for GODs People to Stand in the Gap.
Jesus Prayed For Us!
“Satan Desired to have you, to sift you like wheat! But, I Jesus prayed for You, that Your Faith Not Fail, and when you are converted (when you truly believe) GO AND STRENGTHEN YOUR BRETHREN.” Luke 22:31-32
- Moses taught us many powerful lessons…
- Like…Standing in the Gap and Strenthening Your Brethren Through the Power of Prayer.
- Not settling for an ‘incomplete‘ salvation. Moses wanted to save the lives of Israel AND restore them back to GOD.
- GOD respects and honors our intervention on behalf of mankind. Ezekiel may have done the best job in scripture of making this abundantly clear. ref. Ezek 22: 30
“And I sought for a man among them… that should make up the hedge and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found none.”
- Noah didn’t intervene on behalf of mankind… as obedient as he was, he just built the boat as instructed, and prepared for the destruction. (He did not stand in the gap for mankind).
- The false prophets noted in (Ezekiel 13:5) did absolutely nothing to repair the breach in the wall. Instead of standing in the gap, they simply denied that judgement was going to come.
- Only one of Joseph’s brothers stood in the gap for him which saved his life, but Judah stopped short of delivering his brother ‘completely’. As a consequence, Joseph was sent into captivity. Note: Judah could have ‘completely‘ saved Joseph…but he didn’t. GODs Mercy gave Judah a second chance to redeem his self through saving the life of Tamar. Judah recognized the signs of divine providence (I call this recognizing that the Ark is passing by…).
- There was a moment when he could have saved one brothers life and restored his other brothers back to GOD, that they not commit this evil, but he didn’t.
- It wasn’t until he was faced with the issues surrounding Tamar, that he realized what GOD was doing in his life, and he jumped at the chance for redemption; Judah elevated spiritually that day.
The Prophets of GOD Shoud Make Up the Hedge...
Moses Perceived the Importance of Standing in the Gap
- Moses went into prayer and fasting for the lives of the people! (Ex 34, Deut 5:5).
- David confirms that GOD is just looking for someone to stand in the gap... ref. Psalm 106:23. Timothy reminds us of this again, beginning in 1 Timothy 2:1.
Elul presents a perpetual opportunity for us to stand in the gap, as a nation, and as an individual.
Elul also offers us the opportunity to activate our Spiritual Gifts.
- We pray becasue we desire a spiritual relationship with GOD. However, I would be remiss if I did not tell you that Elul positions us, through our dedication in prayer, to activate the prophectic anointing that lies dormant due to a constant lack of prayer.
- Honoring the Calendar of GOD Places Us in Position for Increase and Abundant Blessing! (I’m speaking of spiritual increase not financial).
- Honoring the Month of Elul in prayer, sets you in Prophetic Position with GOD.
- Anyone who has ever said to themselves, “I know there is more to this Word of GOD”, or anyone that has wanted to rise up into a higher spiritual level, yet has not seen the tangible increase, You can attain the spiritual increase by setting yourself before GOD daily in prayer. (Breaking Beyond Your Own Personal Barrier in Prayer, i.e What ever level of time you spend in personal prayer time with GOD, increase it!).
(In the near future I intend to write a teaching series ‘Prayer Makes You Prophetic’).
We have to have a ongoing, prayer life, if we ever want to become anointed with the gift of prophecy, which we should desire.
- Without a relationship with GOD, grounded in prayer, you can never be “a Prophet of GOD, or Prophetic.” Prophets have a prayer life.
- This is why this is such an important point to make. GOD’s perfect will that He made clear through Paul, is when He asked that we “follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.” 1 Corinthians 14:1
It is through the righteous, those with clean hands, clean heart, clean lips, sold out, obedient, steadfast, faithful, dedicated, submitted, people of GOD that His People can be saved, healed and delivered.
Remember What GOD told Abimelech in Gen 20:7…“Now return the man’s wife, for he is a prophet; he will pray for you and you will live. But if you do not restore her, be aware that you will surely die–you and all who belong to you.”
Moses did not have to be told by GOD to pray, or asked to pray. You don’t have to ask a prophet to pray for you. The prophet is in prayer while you are still talking, telling them all the reasons you need help, or prayer, or what ever it is you need.
The Prayer of a Prophet…
The Church should be in the business of raising up the prophets in every area of prophetic giftings.
Many of us are alive today, because the prophet prayed
God Works with Mankind by means of Prophetic Partnership.
“GOD, He delivers even the one who is not innocent, who will be delivered through the cleanest of your hands.” Job 22:30
“You have not gone up into the breaches, or built up a wall for the house of Israel, that it might stand int he battle in the day of the LORD” Ezekiel 13:5
“Run to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, look and take note! Search her squares to see if you can find a man, one who does justice and seeks truth, that I may pardon Jerusalem” Jeremiah 5:1
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” James 5:16
The righteous set themselves before GOD constantly, they keep their heart right through prayer, sacrifice and servanthood, they pray at all times, and their prayers availeth much!
Spend Time with The One You Love!
Dedicate as much time as you can to GOD in the Month of Elul. Go Overboard!
In the last post, I told you the story I recite to all my new students when I teach on the Supernatural Seasons of GOD.
I hope I reminded you of how we each behave when we meet “a person of interest.” We will stay up all night talking on the phone or in person, holding every moment precious, and they are!
GOD the Lover of Your Soul…
In the Book of Revelation, Jesus asks that we remember our first love (Rev 2:4). That is what I’m asking you to do, Remember when you fell in love with GOD and those all night prayer sessions?
If you can’t say that you completely did fall in love with Him, I hope these teachings encourage you to do just that.
GOD wants to spend time with you till the breaking of the dawn… at least some time.
We spend hours on the phone with friends, how much of that time could we give to GOD?
I’m trying to provoke you in this thought because, I really want you to find time for GOD during this Month of Elul. We have all desired at some point to get into a higher place in GOD. This is how you do it
This is NOT About becoming Jewish.… (Just in case there are any thoughts creeping in from anyone of that kind).
This is about abiding in a Love Relationship with GOD. .
Arranging Some Time with GOD.
If you met someone who was from another country and spoke another language, you would spend a considerable amount of time, making the effort to learn something about their language. It wouldn’t matter to you that they are from another culture, another time and space, or celebrated unfamiliar traditions.
For Christians, the Feast of the LORD are not a familiar tradition, to most of us. Spending time with GOD is like spending time on a date with someone from another culture.
God does things differently, His thoughts are different, His ways are different, His language is different. That’s the beauty of spending time with Him, we become different!
In the Presence fo GOD, we become “different”, peculiar, better people.
Abraham was different!
Abraham was from a nation of idolatrous people, with an idolatrous Father and an idolatrous family. But that did not stop him from looking for or finding, the One True God. And Abraham became the Father of Many Nations.
Job was not a Hebrew, but that did not keep him from seeking and finding GOD and serving only Him, and GOD gave him a legacy, and made his name great.
Ruth was a Moabites, and that did not stop her from turning toward GOD in saying to Ruth, “…Your GOD will be my GOD”. Ruth 1:16. GOD blessed her for it and memorialized her memory, gave her a legacy and memorialized her name.
Rahab was not a Hebrew, but she recognized the people of GOD and gave them shelter and GOD blessed her for it, and memorialized her memory, gave her a legacy and memorialized her name.
The 12 Apostles were going about their daily activities, and one day caught a glimpse of the Ark, passing by.
They perceived that the Word of GOD was right before them… and they did not let the Ark Pass them by.
My point is, it does not matter where you start, or from what perspective you hail from, GOD is not a respecter of persons, and we all become better under His Presence!
This Month GOD can be found. He is not a man that He should lie. Dedicate yourself to prayer this Elul, and once you capture sight of GOD, never let Him go!
The Ark is Passing By During the Month of Elul.
DO NOT LET THE ARK PASS YOU BY!
Posts Included in This Series on Prayer:
Cover Photo by: Rev. S. Madison
Copyright 2019, Rev. S. Madison, torahisteaching.blog All Rights Reserved.
Disclosure: I am of the belief that any and all teachings on scripture, especially those on prayer should receive prayer before passing them along to others. For this reason, I encourage everyone who reviews these teachings to saturate each one in prayer before sharing, distributing or reproducing them in any fashion.
Anything that we hope to learn and accomplish through the Word of GOD must be born out of a spirit of prayer. Prayer is the root of all our spiritual training. Study without prayer is futile. Without prayer, we learn nothing and we accomplish nothing.
May GOD always send you a confirming word.
GOD Bless You,
(Revised September 7, 2019 2:49AM /typo’s removed)
Students/Subscribers have permission to print and share this information provided you do not use any of the teachings for profit or monetary gain of any kind. Please do not alter the material in any way. These conditions are subject to the additional term of giving full credit to torahisteaching.blog or Rev. S. Madison. Just send me an email to advise of your use of this material: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank You.