When We Get Serious About Prayer, Prayer Will Do Serious Things For Us…
” … if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” -2 Chronicles 7:14
“But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you” – Matthew 5:44
“And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.” -Matthew 6:5
torah, obedience and prayer are How We Love on GOD.
Nothing can stop prayer from connecting You to GOD. –Nothing other than you…
“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” –Romans 8:38-39
- The Powers of Prayer are Accessible ALWAYS to the humble.
- The prideful, arrogant, vain, entitled, angry, etc. need not apply.
- Humility places you at the head of the line.
- The humble have the heart and the favor of GOD.
- Prayer is for the First Responders of Faith.
- Prayer is our weapon of choice, never a last resort.
- Prayer enhances all of our other natural strengths…
- reason, intelligence, logic,
- Prayer Makes You Mindful of the Presence of GOD.
- You train/discipline yourself through prayer to stay mindful of the presence of GOD.
- Daily Expectation of GOD.
- You discipline yourself to remain in a state of anticipation, to see GOD move.
- You will check your own spirit before you pray.
- You will not pray in the flesh.
- You will search your own heart and try your own reigns… first
- Prayer strengthens your spirit to reject judgment of others.
- You will not enter into prayer with secular activities or a secular mindset.
- You place a premium on separating the sacred from the profane.
- Your torah studies elevate and strengthen your prayers.
- You notice a tangible difference in your prayers.
- You take GOD off of a clock.
- Your prayers become more focused on the future, eternity vs. temporal.
- You lose track of time in prayer, to the point of your own amazement.
- You come to realize how GOD compensates you in time, for all time spent with Him.
- You expect to wait on GOD, rather than GOD wait on you.
- You pray to the GOD that was, is and will be…
- Your prayers become timeless…
- You begin to understand that prayer can fold time.
- You confidently place your prayers in time.
- You pray the, “All Ready Been Done” kind of prayers.
- Your thoughts will become prayers.
- Your thoughts more easily and readily line up with the thoughts of GOD.
- Your conversations will become prayers.
- Your conversations end with yea and amen.
- Your dreams become prayers.
- You begin to awake from sleep with prayerful thoughts.
- Your dreams become more prophetic.
- Your decisions are a product of prayer.
- You become more aware of how you are making decisions…
- Mindful of GOD and prayerful, or not.
- A Prayer Lifestyle prevents you from fighting banned battles.
- You become more aware of how you are making decisions…
- You refuse to put up any unwanted barriers between yourself and GOD.
- Your prayers focused on removing barriers between you and Heaven.
- You guard your tongue because you won’t risk contaminating your own prayers.
- You prefer to be silent than to risk speaking evil or spreading vain imaginations.
- You refuse to waste valuable time pulling down your own vain imaginations/evil speech before you can regain your position of prayer.
- Your speech/confessions are in agreement with GOD’s Word.
- Quick to repent.
- You guard your thoughts, so that you don’t risk losing the anointing power in prayer.
- Discipline through prayer to control emotions, imaginations, vanities…
- Superimpose GOD’s Word over and above your thoughts.
- Will not hesitate to repent.
- You know before you pray for anything, who you need to pray with.
- You know who you are yoked with in prayer and who you are not.
- You know that agreement in prayer is EVERYTHING.
- Agreement is a powerful weapon.
- Your vision will become linked to your prayers.
- You look for the presence of GOD in your interactions and encounters.
- I call it seeing through the lens of David… when people throw rocks or insults, instead of responding with anger you ask “What is GOD trying to tell me?”
- Seeking revelation beyond any immediate / temporary provocation.
You give your prayers an assignment.
- Your prayers become more strategic.
- Your prayers have targets and you handle the Word like a marksman.
- You pray for people and incidents that you see as you move throughout your day.
- From car accidents, to sprained ankles, to mean faces, to harsh words…etc
- You pray for your enemies as easily and as passionately, as you pray for your loved ones.
- You will pray for your enemies, as if they are loved ones.
- You will not complain about making ‘another’ consecration.
- Your response to making another consecration will not be, “I already did one.”
- The days of saying, “It’s not that serious”, are over.
- You long for the closeness prayer brings you with the Spirit.
- Your One on One time with GOD in Prayer, becomes the most treasured and priceless part of your day.
- You will not compromise your prayer time.
- You will make compromises with any other part of your daily schedule.
- Prayer Brings Forth Light…
- Effectual Prayer exposes darkness, deceit and deception.
- Effectual Prayer binds temptation.
- Effectual Prayer binds pride.
- Effectual Prayer prevents the temptation to gossip.
- Prayer binds the evil inclination and wicked speech (loshon hara).
- Prayer becomes a Garment of protection for the humble.
- Prayers gives our spirit power to subdue our flesh.
- Prayer strengthens and nourishes your spirit.
- Constant and fervent prayer eliminates doubt.
- Prayer is Partnership with GOD.
- Prayer keeps us from losing sight of GOD.
- Prayer keeps us from moving ahead of GOD.
- Prayer is our methodology that allows us to participate in the plans of GOD.
- Prayer is how we agree with and engage with, the will of GOD.
- Prayer gives us the ability to sync up our spirit with the Spirit of GOD.
- Prayer gives position and power to the humble.
- Prayer is for the Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.
- How is that? Because it takes the humble to pray.
“Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” –Matthew 18:4
Everything that lives and moves and has its being is of GOD. EVERYTHING created in the earth, above the earth, beneath the earth must respond to GOD.
“Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?
Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.” – Jeremiah 23:23-24
There is no place that your prayers can’t reach to get to GOD!
There is no force on the earth, in the earth, above the earth, or beneath the earth that has the power to control Your prayers—Except You!
Prayer is gifted to the simple….
This teaching is Dedicated to those simple enough to pray unceasingly…
Cover Photo by: Annie Spratt, Unsplash.com
- Archery photo: 3 archers lined up for shot, by Alex Guillaume, Unsplash.com
- Face of Young Child: photo by Wadi Lissa, Unsplash.com
- Timepiece: photo by Sonja Langford, Unsplash.com
- Prayer on knees: photo by Ben White, Unsplash.com
- For information explaining the use of the term, “the simple” please refer to:
- The Meaning of Life is… Simple
Copyright 2019, Rev. S. Madison, torahisteaching.blog All Rights Reserved.
Students/Subscribers have permission to print and share this information provided you do not use any of the teachings for profit or monetary gain of any kind. Please do not alter the material in any way. These conditions are subject to the additional term of giving full credit to torahisteaching.blog or Rev. S. Madison. Just send me an email to advise of your use of this material: email@example.com Thank You.